Thursday 3 December 2009

Happy 15th Birthday Playstation!

It's fifteen years today since the PlayStation one was released to the public. Not only does that make me feel ridiculously old, mainly because I was two at the time, but it also makes me feel proud to have been alive when it was released. I was first given my PlayStation a the tender age of five back in good old 1997. I had a game called Speed Freaks and I needed nothing more. To be fair, although the SNES was my first ever console the PlayStation was my most favoured.

Since then I've owned all of Sony's home consoles, bar the PsOne (the slim one) and the PS2 Slimline and have never been let down by a Sony product, to this day in fact, with my glorious monstrosity that is the PlayStation 3.

So Bravo Sony, because you've given me a lot of memories in your 15 years of gaming dominance. Keep going strong my Japanese brethren. From Crash Bandicoot and Metal Gear Solid, to Resident Evil and Uncharted, you've always given me quality gaming at it's best.

Who would have known that a lump of grey plastic could have left such an impression on our culture, and out hearts.

Because let's face it, we all had one :P

1 comment:

  1. And yet you still rather buy MW2 on crappy Xbox than get it on the superior PS3.

    ReplyDelete