Monday 23 February 2009

Theme Park World


Ok so I haven't blogged in.... 3 days. For me that's a long time I know, but I just haven't been playing games much this month due to the sheer amount of work I've been having to do for college. Anyway, I actually managed to play a game yesterday for an hour, and this game was Theme Park World

This game brings back so many memories it's unbelievable. I used to LOVE this game. My Dad upgraded the computer when it first came out so he could play it, I devoted myself to it for about 8 months of my childhood life and I remember quite fondly waking up at 5AM on a school morning so I could play it for a few hours before I went in. Ahhh, to be young and in love with a strategy management sim! 

Ok, so it hasn't aged well. The graphics are terrible, the gameplay mechanics are abysmal and that little bastard who keeps popping up in the right hand corner needs to be shot (My mate was playing this on Friday, and he actually began to cry because of the sheer amount of times he went on about patrol areas. No joke). But there's something so..... Fresh about this game. It's simple enough to get into to, there's plenty of rides and shops to set up and although there's only four parks to mess around in, it has a surprising amount of depth to it...

Actually playing it makes me want to play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 again... Hmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment