Wednesday 10 June 2009

Dino Crisis 2

Now Dead Space is a great game. Truly one of the best games I've ever played, but it's going to have a take a back seat for just one more day because today I found the greatest game ever made.

Oh yes, I got my grubby mitts on a copy of Dino Crisis 2, and it works on my PS3. Fuck, yea.

This game is one of the best things Capcom have ever made, and even after a whopping nine years since it's release (which makes me feel old) it still looks and plays great. As I will keep insisting throughout this post, this game is GOD.

For those who haven't played it then imagine this. The Resident Evil 2 engine meets Jurassic Park in a futuristic world which is actually now in the past, topped with the combo system from... well pretty much every arcade game out there. Come on, try and imagine that. Got a pretty picture in your head? Times that by a million. Now you have Dino Crisis.


The game follows Dylan, who is effectively Chris Redfield with blonde, rather floppy hair and Regina, who is Jill Valentine with red hair. God bless Capcom. So anyway, these two crazy guys get thrown back in time from THE DISTANT YEAR OF 2010 (no joke) to go save some shit from Dinosaurs... Ah hell do I have to explain the story? You shoot dinosaurs. DINOSAURS. Honest, why aren't you playing this game right now?

I used to play this all the time as a kid, and I actually regard this game higher than the likes of Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear Solid (which is a bold statement from me). Hours I wasted shooting dinosaurs, exploring futuristic yet in the past worlds and shooting more dinosaurs. It was like heaven to my young eyes. And you know what? It's just as good now.

Let's pray that it comes on the PSN, because everyone needs to play this game.


No comments:

Post a Comment