Monday 19 October 2009

CarnEvil (& Arcade Machines)


I found this article today about an old Arcade game called CarnEvil which scared the shit out of me as a child and It's possibly the biggest labour of love I've ever seen, for a Wikipedia Article on Videogames anyway. Whoever wrote it has named all of the individual enemies, described them, commented on the soundtrack and (get this) the last eight known locations of these now almost precious machines. One of them, is in South Shields near where I live, and it was that very machine that originally made me crap myself all those years ago.... The machine itself is a bit knackered these days but still. Memory lane and all that.

Got me thinking about how much I love Arcade machines though. I mean seriously, they're just incredible. Some of them, like CarnEvil are just so well made and so polished that you can't help but pump those pounds in like there's no tomorrow.

I can't believe I just used that phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment