Friday 2 October 2009

2D Sim City Games!


I've been loving Sim City 4 lately. It's nice to play a game that doesn't involve mindless killing every once in a while, but it's raised an issue that really bothers me. Why don't they make simple, 2-D City building games anymore?

I bought Sim City Societies ages ago, and I can't help but feel... Empty when I play it. These huge sprawling full 3D city games are amazing, visually, but gameplay wise? They're.... well they're wank.

What's wrong with the traditional format of the Sim City games? Like Sim City 4, where the 2D elements are not only sophisticated in their art style but also practical and compliment the dense gameplay elements that are on offer. Personally, I think games like Sim City Societies lose half of the challenge due to the limitations caused by the 3D graphics and yes you read that right.

.... MAXIS MAKE ANOTHER SIM CITY :(

No comments:

Post a Comment