Sunday 20 September 2009

It's About Bloody Time..

The Fallout 3 DLC has been dated for the PS3! Starting this Thursday with Broken Steel. To be honest? It's been too long. I've been desperate to continue since I finished it about... early August time I think.

If anything this is just more evidence for my point the other day. If I didn't already have Fallout 3 on the PS3 I would have bought it for the Xbox by now, just because of the additional content. It's wrong I know, but I had heard that it was never going to be released for the Playstation.

Companies have a thing about Downloadable content lately. They seem to be getting it wrong. Whether it's making some of it exclusive to a console, or even holding back bits of the game until a later date. For example the latest batch of Gears of War 2 content had an additional level from the middle of the game that they didn't package with the actual game...

I think the worst culprit of all time has to be the Beatles Rock Band. I saw on the Xbox Marketplace the other day that you had to pay extra for "All you need is love", one of the most famous Beatles songs of all time... That's like releasing Nirvana Rock Band and leaving aside "Smells like teen spirit" as a £3 downloadable... it's ridiculous! Whether it's The Sims 3 trying to charge you for additional neighbourhoods or Dead Space charging you for the same costume only a different colour.

It just ruins it for the masses, and leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of the hardcore market.

No comments:

Post a Comment