Sunday 10 January 2010

Nintendo: My Relationship

image 

Ahh Nintendo. We used to have so much fun, back in the day. I was young, I was naive. I let myself fall in love too quickly…

See, I loved Nintendo, and Nintendo broke my heart. Back in the day (between 1995 to 2008) we used to have so much fun together! Oh how we laughed when we played Mario Kart, how we shivered when we played Eternal Darkness, how we wooped when we played Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, how we cried when we played The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, how we gasped when we played Metroid Prime and how we realised just how strong our love was when we played Luigi’s Mansion

Then… then Nintendo changed. It presented me the Wii, this new invention that it was going to make me buy and at first it was excited and then… and then… I played it. Wii Sports, Wii Fit… where were the good old days? When we used to jump and laugh and kill Koopas? No Nintendo, when we used to kill Koopas without moving our hands around like a twat. Well I’ll tell you where they were, they were gone, hidden beneath an emulator that just made you feel dirty and wrong.

I left the Nintendo camp on the 30th August 2008 and you know what? I’ve never looked back. Not even once. Goodbye Nintendo. This is me, gaining closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment