Tuesday 10 November 2009

Downloadable Content

It's all about the DLC these days it seems. If a game doesn't have DLC, then it's certainly not going to make much money after launch is it?

It's not surprising then that Naughty Dog are pondering the idea of Uncharted 2 DLC for the multiplayer aspect of the game, which is fair enough I suppose. Good DLC is worth getting, such as the Fallout 3 ones or the Call of Duty map packs. However, some DLC really riles me up.

Have you guys ever seen the Far Cry 2 pack? It has... like a new car and a new gun. That's it. For seven quid. This is just a rip off, and not only that but it won't even sell so it fails at it's intended purpose. The worst though is some of the EA ones. Need for Speed I think it was. Where you could pay to unlock the cars that you could unlock ingame. You could pay, for what is essentially someone to finish the game for you.

Makes me feel sick to my stomach that does.

No comments:

Post a Comment