Monday 17 November 2008

A Rare Dry Spell

It's not just me who thinks that this year has been a rather weak years for games am I?

I honest to God can't think of any good games that have came out apart from Grand Theft Auto 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4. Now however, we've got loads of great games coming out. Mirrors Edge, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead... The list goes on and on. 

The thing that's killing me is, I don't know whether I prefer games coming out this way. Normally we have a dribble of good games being released throughout the year, but in 2008 we've had a drought until now, which can only be described as a fecking religious flood. It's impossible for this many great games to come out so close to each other.

On the bus today, a few friends of mine were talking about Wrath of the Lich King, another was talking about LittleBigPlanet and another was talking about Mirrors Edge. Every one of them sung it praises, and this surprised me. Normally you get a few people talking about one game for a while (Gears Of War being the obvious example), but the past few weeks has seen everyone got at least one game that they have enjoyed immensely. It's obscene!

No comments:

Post a Comment